Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fail

I suspect that there's something fake about the video of a man throwing his Wiimote into his HDTV even if I have no reason to believe it's staged.

While I'm skeptical that someone would record themselves playing Wii Sports bowling, The King of Kong taught me why people videotape themselves playing video games. (It's a way to prove that your high score is legitimate, although even that gets dicey in the film.) Anyone who has ever played with a Wii knows that the Wiimote wristbands are there to prevent the very thing that happens in the video, which isn't to say that someone would not use them.

If it's real, I'm not proud to say that this struck me as really, really funny the first two times I watched it.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

There are some great sites with photographic evidence of all the damage caused by wiimotes. :) It's hilarious because it hasn't happened to our tvs. ;) [http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home