Sunday, April 12, 2009

Not what I had in mind

Today's events--and by "events" I mean insignificant things that are stereotypical blog fodder that I didn't intend to write about--didn't go as planned. The clock radio went off at the proper time, or so I'm guessing, but for some reason the volume was turned down all the way. I still made it to church on time, but that's because I think I woke up at least once an hour after 6 a.m.

At the end of the day I was trying to get rid of standing water in the garbage disposal side of my sink. (I haven't used that appliance any time recently, so if you're wondering if I put something down it that I shouldn't have, no.) I kept dumping more of the drain cleaner down it as I'd come back and see that the level wasn't any lower than before. I ended up emptying the whole bottle without any noticeable result. After bailing out that side, accidentally spot bleaching my clothes,-and using the rest of my paper towels (and then napkins and toilet paper) to soak up the water-gel mixture that was in the sink, I've come to the conclusion that the disposal must not be working. (A flip of the switch just yields a hum.)

Neither of these things were the main event. I'd seen a recipe in the newspaper for a glazed ham that I thought I'd try. I didn't plan on doing the glazing part, but the primary preparation in the slow cooker sounded good. I prepped the meat and was ready to eat when it finished eight hours later. I thought it looked very colorless for ham. A quick taste proved it to be pork. Seems that the person at the meat counter sold me the wrong thing. The receipt says it was ham, but that's not what I pulled out of the crock pot. Unless I'm just not open to the idea, I don't think this was an Easter miracle.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

I vote for Easter Miracle. :) I hope you can figure out the garbage disposal mystery.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Alrischa said...

Yeah, I'm sure God gets sick of Practical Miracles (like fixing your GD) and messes with people's dinners... just for fun Ü

I would. hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home