Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hide and go seek

This morning I had a few panicked minutes when I could not find my wallet. For the life of me I didn't know why it wasn't in the pants I wore the day before. I remembered when and where I had last taken it out, but it should have gone right back in the pocket.

Ordinarily losing one's wallet would not be a good thing, but seeing as I am three hundred miles from home, the prospect of having no money and no identification was even more problematic.

While I searched in the hotel room, where I was certain the wallet had to be, I started going over scenarios for what I could do if I was unable to locate it. Check with lost and found at the theater even if I seriously doubt the wallet fell out there. A branch of my bank is across the street from the theater, so perhaps they can give me a hand if I can't locate it. (My biggest concerns were being able to eat and having enough gas to get home.)

It turns out that my wallet had slipped out of the pants pocket and among other clothes in the suitcase. Being able to come up with an alternate plan was somewhat reassuring. I'm just glad I didn't have to implement it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

Glad you found your wallet. I have been tearing apart my house for the past two days hunting for my camera, did you happen to see it when you were looking for your wallet? :)

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

That's the worst feeling I'm likely to have several times a year. Lord, I hate it. Right now I'm in mourning for a jacket I apparently left somewhere a couple of weeks ago ... with a pair of handknit fingerless gloves in the pockets ... :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home