Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Looking ahead

So what's up next on the needles? Well, I really ought to get the Scrunchable Scarf for the Red Scarf Project finished. That got pushed aside when I received the calling to give socks another chance. The time is now for me to knit up the second skein.

The sock of too big proportions may finally have its year-plus stay of execution lifted and get ripped out. I can't see myself doing the frogging before the weekend, but the point is that I'm ready to bite the bullet. The question is if I stick with the same pattern or try out something else.

I need to think about and start on the Christmas knitting that I choose to do. For whatever reason, I'm not jazzed about doing it this year. I did tell family members that I wasn't planning on doing much, if any, unless they make specific requests. I stressed, though, that I'm not likely to be making socks for anyone else despite my recent breakthrough. I didn't get much of a sense that anyone cared one way or the other before. After telling them, I could read between the lines that a couple might want something. We'll see.

Following up on a question about what else I'd like to demystify, I've sort of done that with cables, although I haven't worked on (or completed) the practice cabled dishcloth I was knitting a couple months ago. I may have to re-demystify that. Intarsia/colorwork in general also goes on the list, although right at this moment I'm not in a learning mood. I'm just too tired.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ripping out a whole sock to reknit. You are stronger than I. Go for it! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home