Thursday, August 07, 2008

For those about to Ravelympic

OK, I need some help and the sooner, the better. I've been running around like the proverbial headless chicken, so I've neglected to find a project for Ravelympics. I think I know what I want to do, but I have a few too many questions to dive right in. Doing so would be like performing a belly flop from the high platform. So I need some answers before I commit.

I'm planning to knit the Everlasting Bagstopper. I know I've freaked out about the pattern before, but there are some things I'm still not sure about. I understand that the base is knit flat, but after picking up the stitches, how much do you knit in stockinette? The pattern jumps from picking up the stitches to the bag body.

If I'm not messing around with the ribbon handle--actually there's no if about it--how much more additional yarn should I plan to need for that part, and how long should it be?

Is it reasonable to think I can complete this during the Olympics?

I could have sworn I had more questions when I looked at this pattern earlier today, but maybe some of them were resolved in looking at comments addressing my initial irrationality.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once you pick up the stitches you knit straight from the needles you use to pick up the stitches. If you pick them up with a circular needle you would be able to knit the stockinette in the round.

I am confident you can do this. But quick sign up there is only an hour and a half left to enter.

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/inknittingnews/everlasting-bagstopper

I've knit Everlasting Bagstopper but I did the ribbon handles. I don't think you would need too much more yarn for handles, there are several ways you could do handles.

Hopefully you were able to sign up in time to be official. If not then you can just knit along anyway.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

I understand how to do stockinette. I don't know how much of it to knit since the pattern doesn't specify.

And it looks like I won't be doing Ravelympics after all. I slept in, and apparently sign-ups are closed.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

cool project - i think you should definitely knit it anyway, even if you missed sign ups.

good luck~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home