Thursday, July 31, 2008

The opposite of going away

Two days into my stay-at-home vacation I have a cleaner, more organized (but not finished) apartment and little else to show for all this time. I don't know that it's such a bad thing, and God knows I haven't been working on straightening up all day. For instance, this afternoon I took a nap while the Major League Baseball trade deadline show droned on in the background.

It's been quite the contrast to the past week, though. While visiting my parents and brothers I was around someone else practically every minute of the day. Yesterday and today I've had little contact with anyone. It was nice to drop by the new (as far as I know) location for knit night and briefly interact with others before splitting to catch the two films showing as part of the Kubrick retrospective. (And the barbecue, while not my beloved City Barbecue, was awfully good.)

All of these off days have seemed longer, which isn't a bad thing. I might actually get some stuff done that I've been wanting to accomplish. Time will tell.

Also, following up on yesterday's post, the rebel knitter/crafter articles keep on coming...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home