Tuesday, July 22, 2008

In pictures

Fire up those high speed connections; it's a photo day. I took these for no good reason while walking to and around Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati for Stitch N' Pitch.

The top picture was taken at Sawyer Point along the Cincinnati riverfront. The guy underneath the arch was playing an acoustic guitar and singing a song that was really familiar, but I couldn't place it. Then I figured out that it was "Way Back Into Love" from Music and Lyrics. Can't say I expected to ever hear that one.

For some reason this apartment building reminded me of the cover for Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Memory's a funny thing. They don't look at all alike.

Hot day, free pool (as far as I know).

Like I said, I'm not why some of these shots caught my fancy, but as you can see, the Ohio River is not too high.

You can see in the distance that the riverfront on the Newport, Kentucky side is more developed.

Presumably a garbage scow on the Ohio.


Views of downtown Cincinnati from outside the stadium.

There's something very pleasingly geometric about this building. It looks like it's missing a Tetris piece.

TV sitcom viewers ought to recognize one of the buildings here.

I've been busy packing five days of work into two so I can take some time off. I have nothing left, so hopefully this did the trick.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Ruth's Place said...

Love the glimpses into places familiar to you, and of the warm weather!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home