Saturday, July 26, 2008

A change of scenery

This vacation, or whatever it is, has been scheduled very loosely, which I suppose leaves room for plenty of improvisation as needed. My dad had to leave for something or other yesterday, and my mom needed to go to church camp for a week beginning today. Little did I know that I'd end up taking her there. Friday we discovered that her car's brakes need to have the pads and rotors replaced.

So to camp we went. I dropped her off and then played dog chauffeur as my parents' schnoodle rode shotgun on the way to where my brothers live near Fort Wayne. I was going to write more, but I'm about ready to fall asleep at the keyboard. Instead, a quick recap of the rest of the day...

Another minor league baseball game was on tap, this time with the host Fort Wayne Wizards. Their newsworthy opponent, the Peoria Chiefs, did not fire any balls into the stands and knock unsuspecting fans unconscious.

The only seats left at the box office were in the last section of bleachers by the Peoria bullpen. Apparently this was also the section for leaving your kids unattended and letting them run up, down, and through the bleachers, not to mention playing on and hanging off the railings in front of the seats and in the middle of the stairs. As someone who is single and childless, I know I have no room to speak, but seriously... Not only were the kids a major nuisance, but they also were one misstep away from a major injury that would surely have a lawsuit aimed at the team. Parents, I know you can do better than letting your kids run rampant like this and not doing a thing about it.

And then there were fireworks.

Sorry for running out of steam so quickly tonight, but I don't know that you're missing any big insights.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger donnadb said...

Loving your tour of minor league stadiums of the midwest! Only wish it could continue past your vacation ... maybe you could get a sponsor, quit your job, and do this full time!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

Me too! Are you listening sponsors?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home