Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Texas-sized

Everything in Texas is supposed to be bigger. I enter this slice of coconut cream pie from The Koffee Kup Family Restaurant in Hico as evidence that indeed this state does things in large ways. Have mercy. I couldn't eat it all.

My southern schedule has been supersized too. I've been so busy I've hardly known whether I'm coming or going. Certainly it has been good to get away for awhile. I just didn't expect to be run ragged. I like seeing different places and enjoyed most everywhere I went, but I wouldn't have minded a day or two of non-activity amid this nonstop family time.

There was much less knitting than anticipated. I knitted during some of today's time on the road, but I was simply too tired to feel like accomplishing more than keeping my head up and eyes mostly open.

Except for the open eyes thing, the same will probably hold true for my flight home tonight. If I feel like sleeping, so help me, I will. Once I get past the revving engines for take-off, which sound like the crescendo at the end of The Beatles' "A Day in the Life", I'm fine with being out like a light for the flight's duration.

The holidays are supposed to be restful, but do they ever work out that way? Still, I suppose this is a good tired than the fatigue brought on from the daily grind.

How's everyone doing? I'm far behind in keeping up with blogs and haven't read a newspaper in more than a week. I feel seriously out of touch, but so goes the pace of modern life.

OK, off to the airport in a few...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I think you need a vacation to rest up from your vacation!

News? I don't think you've missed anything big. Gas prices up. Shopping madness early Friday. Same old stuff.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

I do. It's good to be home, but what did y'all do with the heat?

 
At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

News, Australia has a new prime minister and we are very, very happy!!!

Do you get a chance to rest at all before going back to work?

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Nothing exciting going on here...just busy busy busy as usual leaving little to no knitting time, except for tonight when my knitting friends and I are getting together for our monthly knit knite : )

Safe flight...hope you can rest up before returning to the daily grind!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home