Saturday, October 06, 2007

One track mind

Knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit.

I didn't get a lot of knitting done this week, but I've dedicated myself to working on the blanket with the hope of finishing it Monday. I'm on the fourth skein of yarn and have decreased to 126 stitches. With an aggressive push for the rest of tonight, tomorrow, and the Monday holiday, I think I can finish the blanket in the next couple days.

Surprisingly I'm not sick of knitting it. Other projects are calling out to me, but I've been content to knit this basic item. I'm pleased that the blanket appears to be the size I am aiming for. The pattern is for a baby blanket. I added 42 increases with the intention of making it 48 inches square. A rough measurement of a completed side has me in the vicinity of what I want.

The third skein slowed me down. Loose fiber was bunching up on the yarn, so I had to keep pushing it down so it wasn't knitted into the project. It slid off when I got to the end of the skein. Lately the stitches seemed tighter on the needle, but I'll attribute that problem to letting the blanket hang and thus pulling on the stitches. Getting the needle where it needs to be is easier now that I'm bunching up the blanket in my lap.The temperature in the mid to high 80s doesn't help with working on something that's better for cooler weather, but I guess it isn't too big of a deal since I've been inside in the air conditioning, crazy as that is for Ohio in October.

The better part of the morning was spent updating my Ravelry profile. I added some books and my May FOs. I still have a lot of work until everything is accounted for, but I'm really enjoying the organizing.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I posted the same thing... high temps, and AC turned on to work on a blanket. Crazy weather. Today I spent the day running around like a madwoman to get my 6th grader ready for a week at outdoor school. :-) Does he care what's packed for him? Nope. I would have preferred to be knitting or updating Ravelry.

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

omg - this heat is KILLING me. was supposed to go to cedar point yesterday and had to cancel because the thought of being outside in that heat all day made me want to climb into the freezer! i spent the day snoozing in bed and on the couch, then back to bed. was too tired to even knit : ( can't wait til it actually feels like fall!

ps - can't wait to see the blanket!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home