Sunday, September 30, 2007

Chin up, cheer up

It is a new week, and I am determined to have a positive attitude. Good things await. I'm going to the season opener for the Blue Jackets on Friday and, if it works out, might catch The Arcade Fire in concert afterwards. If that weren't enough, I was considering going to Cleveland Thursday night to see The Pipettes at Beachland Ballroom, but their North American tour has been postponed due to visa paperwork delays. That would have been a lot for one week, so it's probably easier on me. See how I deployed the power of positive thinking there? I even promise not to grouse when the Bengals get crushed by the Patriots on Monday Night Football. Hey, I said I was going to have a positive attitude, not be a Pollyanna.

It has to be a good week because I should finally come crashing through the doors at Ravelry. As of this writing there are just 1778 people ahead of me in line. At the rate the invites have been going out, I expect mine should arrive Wednesday or Thursday.

As for knitting, I'm past the halfway point on the blanket. This thing is going to be massive. It's already quite big, and I've only done five decrease rows. Only 158 to go! Actually, I'm surprised I've been able to get this much done in a week. The two times I knitted smaller baby blanket versions I reached the saturation point and had to stop for awhile. This go-round I'm loving the brainless simplicity. The Options needles seem to be helping with my speed. Is it possible I could finish in two weeks? Since it will be a Christmas gift, I'll feel good to have one done this far from the holiday. I know it will be here before I know it.

I also need to get busy on my secret pal's scarf for International Scarf Exchange 5. I haven't decided on yarn or what to make. I've heard from both of my secret pals. The one knitting for me said she's looking forward to knitting for a man because she's used to making girly things. I'm excited that something I'm knitting will be headed overseas.

So, no, not everything is gloom and doom despite the incessant moaning I feel like I've been doing. I know there will be challenges this week, but I need to keep my chin up. Sound good?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger Amanda D Allen said...

I want to be your Ravelry friend when you get in.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

good job and good luck w/ the chin-up attitude! we are going to the lake erie monsters (new cleveland nhl team) on saturday night...can't wait! go blue jackets and go monsters!
ps - can't believe how quickly you are getting through the blanket!!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Sourire11 said...

Watch out - Ravelry is insanely addictive and totally cuts into the knitting time! :-)

Also - I'll be at that Arcade Fire concert! We're driving down to the C-bus for it...

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I didn't get to add my (((HUGS))) last week when you needed them. Sounds like we both had rough weeks. Thanks for stopping by and lending support, friend.

All I have to say about Ravelry is: thank goodness it's blocked here at work! LOL

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blanket is looking great, I also can't believe how quickly it's coming along. You know you are putting us all to shame with this early Christmas knitting. Good thing Christmas is in summer here and I have an excuse...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home