Thursday, October 04, 2007

Down the rabbit hole

This week has kept me busy, but I sure don't feel like I have anything to show for it. And then hours disappeared as I found myself in a state of Ravelry. So this is what they mean by Web 2.0.

I forced myself to log out a little while ago. I could spend the rest of the evening adding things to my profile and still have plenty of updating and exploring to do. The site isn't a time suck; it's a black hole. (OK, technically it isn't since one can emerge from Ravelry but cannot escape a black hole. Hey astronomers, it's called a metaphor.)

I hope that those responsible for creating Ravelry are able to make it work financially for them. It's a brilliant idea that provides organization this knitter sorely needs. I've been occupied with adding my FOs, UFOs, and WIPs. I have so much to do to get up to speed. It's a good thing that I've been doing a lot of similar documenting through this blog. I can only imagine what kind of a nightmare it would be to recall all that information from the recesses of my brain. I haven't even started looking for patterns. Guess what I'm going to be doing over the long weekend Columbus Day is giving me?

The irony of Ravelry is that the hours I've spent playing around there have taken away from actual knitting. Note to self: step back from the computer and pick up the needles.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home