Tuesday, March 13, 2007

And sew it goes

Kristin gave me some pointers on sewing the pin back onto the flower pin. Tonight I've been trying to do it but am obviously not understanding something. Do I cut the amount of thread I think I need or let it unwind from the spool? How do you keep it from tangling? This is one of those things that's so simple that I can't find an explanation. Have I looked really hard? No, mostly because I'm tired and want to get this done. I'm taking a break to blog and will try again when I'm done here.

Today I received the bag for my mom and think it turned out very well. There wasn't much patterned fabric to pick from at JoAnn's by the time I looked, but what I chose covers St. Patrick's Day and seems appropriate for spring. I'm quite impressed how quickly Chandra whipped out this bag and think it'll be a big hit. Rather than take a picture of it in my apartment, I'll snap one outside tomorrow for posting. Then it's into the mail for the bag and my hand-knit gifts.

While it's not the same as when I gave all the scarves I knitted for Christmas, I'm excited to send what I made and what I had someone else make to my mom for her birthday. There's nothing wrong with buying this stuff from a store, but I feel like I've been able to come up with more personal gifts this way.

It's probably apparent that I want to do well at everything, or at least feel like I put in my full effort regardless of the result. (Then again, who doesn't?) So yeah, it feels good to believe I've put the right amount of thought into these gifts. That sounds like bragging, which isn't how I mean it. (I'm hardly one to trumpet my own accomplishments. I regret to say that I don't always take compliments well either, not that I don't want them. But that's for another time...) I'm happy that I'm giving things that are unexpected and will be well liked. I suppose I'm allowed some satisfaction there without believing I'm patting myself on the back.

Anyway, I'm rambling and ought to return my focus to the pin back. Photos tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home