Friday, January 26, 2007

Here goes nothing

Wish me luck. Unless I chicken out, tonight I'm going to engage in some solo knitting in public.

I'm going to the Blue Jackets game this evening to reward myself for a productive week. (I've written five movie reviews, approximately 600-700 words each. For me that's unheard of.) It will also be something fun to do before what will be a working weekend of pain. Since I'm trying to get the cheap seats, I'll have plenty of time to kill between the tickets' 5:00 p.m. availability and the 7:00 p.m. start. I'll grab something to eat, which won't take more than a half hour, and then have nothing to do.

Except I have something to do. After a second frogging, more website consultations, Donna's insight in the comments, and the thumbs up from Kristin, the ribbed scarf is back on track. I'm feeling bold enough that I plan on using that free time to work on the scarf. There's a Starbuck's next to the arena, so I'll probably knit in there and nurse a coffee.

If I'm really feeling brave, I may knit while in the cheap seats before the game. The arena opens an hour before the puck drops. If by oneself, which I will be, there isn't much to do from when the doors open until the opening faceoff. We'll see.

Kristin reassured me that nobody will make fun of me. I'm glad she's confident, and it helps boost my confidence. Nevertheless, the old insecurity is trying to shake my desire to do what I want, but for the time being I think I can shove it down enough. This ought to be interesting.

4 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Oooh, good luck! You'll probably get mostly curious glances. People love watching anyone who does crafty things in public--it's a great way to meet people too!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, I hope hope hope that you knitted in public...it's something I have a huge passion for and I can't wait to hear about your experience!!

PS - Glad to hear that the ribs aren't gettin' poked anymore...I knew you would get it.

PPS - (or is it PSS? I've always wondered which is correct.) I'm obviously using the weekend to catch up on my blog reading, so sorry if some of my comments seem outdated by the time you get them...I just start w/ your oldest blog and work my way up, commenting as I go and then sometimes having my questions answered in the next entry.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Karen said...

So? Did you knit in Starbucks or at the arena? Or both? Inquiring minds want to know!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

I've been busy all day long, but I'm working on my post about it. I think it'll be worth the wait. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home