Thursday, January 13, 2011

What's going on

"Hey, secret knitter," you say.

"Yes?" I reply.

"Not a whole lot of blogging on here lately about what you're knitting."

"Hmm, that's kind of hostile," I observe to myself. "Yes, that's true," I respond.

"So...?"

"Well, the truth of the matter is that I'm not knitting anything right now."

"Really?!"

"Mmm hmm. With some disastrous attempts to hand wind yarn into balls from hanks and being insanely busy lately, I haven't had the time. I'd hoped to do some over the holidays, but it turned out that I had little time to myself."

"And is this going to change in the near future?"

"Being busy? Probably not for at least a month. Remember how I've been writing about taking things day by day? I would like to make myself another scarf and hat, though. I ought to get on that. If only there were more hours in the day."

"Not sounding very convincing there, secret knitter."

"That's how it is right now. Tonight I was going to make my first appearance at knit night in a couple months, but the lack of anything on the needles and ability to use that time to finish some work I'd otherwise have to tackle this weekend overruled going to it. So how about I give myself two weeks? I hope to have completed some of the more pressing work by then. Plus, it'll give me time to get a project going."

"So this means more posts about whatever random junk comes to mind for the next two weeks, doesn't it?"

"Isn't that what the blog is, regardless of if there's knitting content?"

"You've got me there."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home