Friday, December 31, 2010

At year's end

So 2010 is nearly one for the history books.

While I'm tempted to say good riddance, that wouldn't be a fair assessment of these last 365 days. Yes, there was the car accident and the months-long lingering tightness in my neck and upper back, and there was the stressful couple months at work when the future seemed very much in doubt. Although neither of the source issues are entirely finished, I'll be more than happy to put those things behind me and feel like the worst is over. Those things aside, 2010 offered pleasures that I didn't anticipate, and I feel as though I should let them take precedence in remembering the year.

I was able to travel to places I never would have expected visiting at this time a year ago. I saw several terrific concerts, including some I never would have expected to be a reality. I finally attended a playoff game for my favorite baseball game. I became an uncle. All that stuff and more surely outweighs the bad, right?

I'll be going over the highlights of 2010 in the coming days. I don't know that anyone reads this anymore--I just keep plugging away more for my own benefit anyway--but if you are there, I encourage you to join me in spirit and reflect on the best parts of the year that comes to a close this evening.

And of course, let's have a happy 2011.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

i still tune in.. very occasionally cuz i'm a busy mom of two now, but i do enjoy popping over here and there to see what you've been up to. i usually don't get a chance to comment, tho, because my blog time is most often while i'm nursing and i can't type one-handed to save my life lol

happy new year, mark!

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

2010 wasn't a terrible year for us, the boy finally found a job near the beginning of the year after 10 mos of unemployment and we got married. All of the "problems" we had were really just minor annoyances on the path of life.

So hooray for 2010 and let's see what 2011 brings! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home