Thursday, December 23, 2010

Into your arms

Sleep acquired, ears popped. It's amazing how much better I feel after eliminating the lack of those two things.

Today was mostly spent at my brother and sister-in-law's condo. The main item on the agenda was holding and playing with the baby. My nephew is about a month old, and as the first on my family's side, he is certainly going to get a lot of attention. After all, he's the primary reason why we've all made the trip this holiday season.

I get the impression that my sister-in-law is surprised that my brothers and I have not shown any hesitancy to hold or play with the baby. Sure, none of us have any significant experience with infants, but who wouldn't want to have fun with a cuddly little one? (Yes, I know some people don't want to have anything to do with babies.)

My nephew was remarkably quiet all day long, perhaps because he had a fresh lap and set of arms ready for him when whoever had him was wanted or needed to give him up for awhile. He slept most of the time when I held him yesterday, but today he was alert and responding. Of course he's adorable. My mom keeps talking about how cute he is. As if she'd say otherwise.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home