Friday, October 15, 2010

No holes

Maybe it was a lucky break, maybe I've figured it out. Whatever the case, I'm finally working on a sock without a hole at the ankle.

I'm making another pair of baby socks for my future nephew. I was frustrated with the holes at the ankle in the last one I started that I ripped it out entirely and began again. The best I can figure is that when I need to pick up stitches, I shouldn't pick up at the spot directly between the needles because it creates the holes. Obvious, perhaps, but it isn't something I've cracked until now.

Yes, a photo would be helpful in this case, but let's wait until I'm finished with them. I'd like to see if this is repeatable.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

Sounds excellent and would indicate that I've been doing it wrong. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home