Sunday, April 04, 2010

Recovery

The year to date has been an exceptionally busy one. The first month and a half was standard time-devouring stuff pertaining to work and the natural course of the calendar. Just when it seemed things would ease up the car accident and its attendant issues followed. Then I went to the film festival and returned to the office just as classes resumed. We're more than three months into the year, and I can't help but wonder where the time has gone.

There have been good things and bad things, fun things and tedious things. What there hasn't been is downtime. To be fair, some of that is my own fault. I've stubbornly stuck to doing what I want to do (or feel like I should do) when there's been this nagging sense that I ought to take it easy. Something like the film festival, as tiring as it can be, was good for me. I just needed more time around it to recover.

Today is the first day in some time that I've not been on task in one way or another. I went to the Easter service, picked up a few things at the grocery, and then came home to watch TV and sleep. It's been a restful day and a clarifying one.

You see, my neck has been bothering me since the prescription for anti-inflammatory meds ran out a few weeks ago. At first I thought I might have slept wrong on it and then tried to convince myself that it was just part of being tired. I haven't had time (or made time) to see a doctor, and since I don't have a regular physician, I'm sure how fast I might get in to see anyone anyway.

It's time for the excuses to stop. Clearly I'm still having whiplash-related symptoms, and I need to get it checked out. If I don't make time for recovery, who else will?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home