Thursday, March 25, 2010

Surprises

Once again I was up before the sun was so I could head north for the film festival in Cleveland. It was a fairly uneventful drive, but as I got closer to downtown, my GPS informed me of some major slowdowns ahead. But what am I going to do, take an alternate route?

That's exactly what the GPS had in mind as it did something I didn't know it could do. Samantha, the default voice on the device, informed me of "severe traffic ahead" (or maybe it was "serious traffic ahead") and changed my route all on her own. Is my GPS becoming sentient?

It turns out that the route was a clever way to avoid interstate messes, although I would soon find that the GPS could have guided me to drive a couple more highway miles before exiting. Best of all, this route took me around the major detour needed to be taken to reach parking at the festival's location. I may take it again on the way in Friday morning.

Of course, who knows what the roads are going to look like. With most of my movies stacked more or less on top of one another--and me needing to deal with work issues that have dogged me for the last few months (and promptly ruined my evening)--I hadn't seen what was happening outside. I departed the last movie of the night to find a couple inches of snow on my car! Where did this come from?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

I don't know where the snow is coming from but it is not welcome here and it needs to go. now. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home