Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rations

I decided that I wouldn't go to the 9:00 a.m. session at the film festival this morning unless I happened to wake up in time. Since I'm averaging four to five hours of sleep the last three nights, I figured that was very unlikely. My cursed internal clock had me wide awake in plenty of time. (I'm guessing hotel hall corridor noise may be at the root of my early rising too.

Not that you're at the festival, but I've found one small thing that can make watching movies for twelve or sixteen hours on little sleep a smidgen more bearable. Finding time to eat is often a challenge. A mall food court is the primary source of dining opportunities, and even it shuts down with several hours left in the moviegoing day. What is one to do? McDonald's sells two pies, cherry or apple, for a dollar. Buy 'em, stash 'em in the bag, and break 'em out when emergency rations are needed.

I've also been bringing a banana each day, so there's a healthy option.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home