Sunday, December 06, 2009

Red scarf

Scrunchable Scarf

Yarn: Lamb's Pride Superwash (100% wool; worsted weight)
Colorway: SW01 (Red Wing)
Needles: US 7s
Stitches: 30
Size: 5" wide, 70" long

It's done, it's done!

My contribution to the Red Scarf Project is finally finished. I think it took me a little over two months, which is ridiculous but indicative of the slog that knitting this scarf was.

After being exposed to the cold for a good part of the afternoon at work, I would have never expected to feel up to working on this for a couple hours, yet I was drawn to getting it done and just plowed through what remained. Actually, I knit it longer than I was intending, if that tells you how much I zeroed in on completing it. Maybe my eagerness to finish was because the deadline for sending it looms, maybe it was because I have other projects I'm anxious to start. Whatever the case, I'm glad to have this done.

I messed up and did all stitches in pattern, so this doesn't have a border, so to speak. Does it make a big difference? I don't think so.

I'll snap some better pictures of it tomorrow. In the meantime I wanted to get something posted about this because it's my first FO since the end of September. Let's hope this indicates an the start of an uptick in my knitting productivity.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

Hooray! I am going to mail mine out on Thurs if you are coming to knit night and want to toss it all in the same box.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home