Sunday, November 29, 2009

Things I learned over Thanksgiving weekend

-All my brothers do in fact use the hats I knitted for and gave to them two years ago. Not so sure about the scarves, but the hats have been a hit.

-One brother was even wearing his indoors pretty much all day.

-A blue reflector in the middle of the road indicates the position of a fire hydrant along the side of the road. My dad, who volunteers as an ambulance driver, pointed this out to me. I don't think I'd ever seen a blue reflector, but once I started seeking them out, I didn't have any trouble finding them. How long has this been going on?

-Clearly I don't get anything done when I go to my parents' for the holidays. None of the things I had hoped/intended to do were accomplished while I was there this time.

-Following the GPS's advice on the way to go home had me taking the fourth different route in the two years I've been going there. This way had its advantages (less likelihood of getting stuck behind someone on a two-lane road) and disadvantages (traffic lights in Lima; also, Lima). I think my preferred route is probably a little faster, but this way might be worth considering again.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

I had no idea about the blue lights, I will have to start looking for them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home