Thursday, December 03, 2009

Lost in the supermarket

Someone in my Twitter stream mentioned enjoying Little Debbie Christmas Tree Brownies, which reminded me of their seasonally available Christmas Tree Cakes (vanilla, thank you). Although I can't remember the last time I had them, I'm very fond of the latter. Suddenly I was planning to go to the grocery store and get some.

On the way home tonight I stopped at Kroger's to get these snacks. I encountered one significant problem, though. I couldn't find them.

I went to the snacks aisles, cookies followed by chips and pretzels, but Little Debbie products were nowhere to be seen. I'm not as familiar with Kroger's set-up as some other grocery stores, so I began roaming aisle after aisle figuring that I'd come upon them sooner or later. No luck. Hmm, maybe they're by the breads and baked goods? Nope.

Perhaps I should have taken this as a sign not to get them. After all, I don't need them and probably shouldn't be eating them, but at this point it had become a mission. Surely they stock the products. I will not leave until I locate them!

I weaved among the aisles awhile more before finally asking a worker where they were. He pointed me back to a display at the rear of the store in the middle of path by the milk and the end of the freezer cases. I was told that the snack cake company pays for this particular spot. I suppose it makes sense to be by the milk, but I probably spent a good fifteen minutes trying to find their products and was unsuccessful. Maybe they should rethink that placement strategy?

Also, I rule that the Christmas Tree Cakes are better than the brownies.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

I will have to reject your renunciation of brownies. They are supreme. However seriously they weren't on an end cap? That's so weird to me. Who would look by the milk? Surely they could display them in two places

 

Post a Comment

<< Home