Monday, September 21, 2009

The agony of da feet

This entry is going to make me sound like an old man and a product endorser.

One result of the miles I've walked this summer is feet that hurt. I haven't given much thought to it and just pushed through the pain, even though some mornings I feel like I'm a bit gimpy at first. Recently a shared post that popped up in my Google Reader recommended the Foot Rubz Massage Ball. As my arches continued to hurt, I decided it wouldn't be a bad idea to give this thing a shot.

It arrived in the mail today. While stepping on this thing probably feels not much different than planting one's foot atop a rounded Lego--yes, it can hurt momentarily if applying a lot of pressure--it's produced results. My feet feel a lot better.

Having just now done some web searches, it occurs to me that perhaps I ought to get some arch supports in my shoes. Well, that and the possibility that my dad has passed on his susceptibility to plantar fasciitis to me.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

:) I've been wanting to try it!

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

Oh! You should go over to front runner. They have awesome inserts that'll give you arch support. That's what we did for the boy because he was on his feet in steel toe boots all day and his feet hurt as early as when he woke up in the morning. Once getting those arch supports he's dogs have never been better. :) Also the folks at front runner are great because they know a lot about feet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home