Friday, December 15, 2006

Weaving in and winding down

Thank God it's Friday may have never held more meaning for me than it does today. I am thoroughly wiped out. The weekend is here, and do I ever need it. Oh, there's still work to be done, but at least the next two days aren't as highly structured as the last two weeks have been.

Having attended eight screenings this week, it felt like all I did was get up, go to a movie, go to the office, go to another movie, and collapse at home. I survived largely on a diet of coffee, granola bars, bananas, and vitamin C tablets, with the rare actual meal sneaking in there a couple times. It's no wonder that after today's morning screening I felt like an emotional and physical wreck. I snuck in a brief late afternoon nap and feel a little less volatile now. Nevertheless, a mild wind could blow me over, and a talking pig movie could reduce me to tears.

How bad of shape am I in? My mother called to ask what I wanted for Christmas--I hadn't e-mailed her anything--and I wearily told her that I didn't know what I needed or wanted and wasn't going to know. Honestly, I don't know now, and I don't want to think about it. I just want to be. Anything requiring thought or action is too taxing at this time.

Knitting is acceptable, though. Actually, it's more than acceptable; it's exactly what I need. One of my weekend projects will be to weave in the ends on all of my FOs. Kristin showed me how the other day. I sewed in a little on one scarf but wanted to make sure that it wasn't essential to sew in the whole tail--I left a lot in some cases--and to find out how I should hide the end. After all the knitting, weaving in ends seems kind of annoying, but currently I'm best suited for brainless tasks like that.

I haven't knitted much more of Kristin's scarf since my last post, so I'm looking forward to working on it. I would like to finish it this weekend, but I'm not in a deadline-setting mood at the moment.

Yarn should be on the way for my scarf. Make that scarves. I placed an order with Knit Picks so I could knit myself two scarves. Ideally I'll finish one before going home for Christmas and knit the other there after my secret has been revealed. I bought two hanks of the Sierra in leaf and two balls of the Andean Silk in cranberry. I almost bought more of the Andean Silk & Andean Silk Twist because it's what I'd like to make a matching hat in, but I'm patternless and unsure of how much I might need for such a project. If only my order would get here already!

It's hard to believe that Christmas is almost here. While I'm not in the most festive mood at the moment, it will be a relief to put work and movies behind me, even if just for a few days. The knitting goes with me, though.

Next...knitting, knitting, knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home