Friday, December 01, 2006

Le Nouvelle Vague D'Écharpes

Although I started my current project, a medium blue scarf, before finishing the last of my family's Christmas scarves, its necessary hiatus led to my original seven-plus-one being completed before any additional gifts for friends reached FO status.

Which means Le Nouvelle Vague D'Écharpes is now upon us. (Ain't Babelfish great?) Most everything sounds better in French, and how could I resist naming the new wave of scarves after one of my all-time favorite movements in cinema history?

Kristin thought my unknitting had me ready to get back to work on this scarf. As I finished my first row, the same blasted problem appeared again. One side has a tiny patch that looks flat, for lack of a better way of explaining it. It bugs me. It is going to bug me when it's done, but having frogged and unknitted perhaps as much as six inches, I conceded defeat here. I didn't have the will to undo any more and have this flaw appear again. It makes this scarf, um, distinctive.

Some of the loops on the problem row were exceptionally tight to knit, although I don't know why that made it look the way it does. I would post a photo, but the dark yarn doesn't allow this scar to show up well in any of the pictures I've taken. You'll have to take my word that it is there. Progress continues without any other such anomalies.

Next...toss-up: weekend knitting or catching up on movie review writing?

2 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

re: static at the pump...never thought that they might have made it up as a warning, but i guess it's possible. either way, i never took the warning seriously and now i will...whatever happened to the full service stations? i hate standing in the cold at the pump lol

so, did we knit or write this weekend?

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

FYI for those wondering what this talk of static at the pump is about...go to this entry on Jennifer's site.

It looked too polished to me to be real, but it may well be. As for full service stations, that's all they had in New Jersey the one time I was there. Anybody know if it's still that way?

Luckily, this was a good weekend on the knitting and writing fronts. Not as much knitting as I would have liked, but I wrote four reviews today. Check my other site for those. (I have a link in my introductory post on this site.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home