Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Extreme multitasking

As much as I like going to the movies, I was relieved that no screenings were scheduled for Monday. I had plenty to do as it was. While it seemed like I had to account for every minute, it was a productive day.

Sure, at one point last night I was watching the third period of the Blue Jackets game live, rewinding and watching the Bengals game on the DVR during commercial breaks, and sewing in the ends of my last completed scarf, but I was doing what I liked. How's that for extreme multitasking? I still had to put the finishing touches on a Charlotte's Web review, but I had the energy to stay up late. Even better, I felt like I was accomplishing something.

When I was only watching the football game I knitted more of Kristin's scarf. I have about seven inches left, which I can knock off tonight with no problem. I'm not looking forward to sewing in the ends on it--I'm very slow at it and not certain I'm hiding the last bit properly--but when it's done I can breathe a little easier. It's been a fun one to knit, and finishing it means I'll have wrapped up the twelve scarves I'm giving as Christmas gifts. (If you're keeping score, I started in October hoping to knit seven for family members.)

Somehow I managed to squeeze in a quick trip to JoAnn's to buy some US 8s, a ball of cotton for dishcloths, and a crochet hook to add fringe to a couple scarves. Ater this morning's screening Kristin showed me how to add a fringe, but the way my mind is racing, I doubt I'm going to remember. We'll see how clever I am late tonight.

My Knit Picks order arrived yesterday, which made me very happy. I love the colors and can't wait to get started on a scarf for myself. One of the colors came in hanks. It ought to be fun to figure out how to wrap into a ball. (Not really.) If you have any tips, leave a comment. I tried wrapping yarn once--I had untangled a bunch after running into some knots--and the result was not pretty. Hmm...I have a Magic 8-ball promo item for Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Maybe I could use that.

If all goes well this evening, I'll be giving Kristin her scarf tomorrow. If I do, I can reveal what I've been knitting. If not, I'll keep you in suspense.

Next...knitting down to the wire.

2 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i follow the instructions from the first stitch n bitch book to wind my own ball of yarn, but i'm sure you could google it, even try knittinghelp.com if you haven't noticed, i've referenced the snb books (both the first entitled stitch n bitch and the second entitled stitch n bitch nation) a couple times in my comments...these are GREAT reference materials to teach you all sorts of things and they include tons of cool patterns. i can't believe how much i have used and am still using both of those books. in the beginning, i had no idea how often i would refer to them as i encountered new techniques in knitting patterns. anyway, just something to think about adding to your knitting stash of goodies.

can't wait to see kristin's scarf!!!!

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

As always, thanks for the recommendations.

I just need to sew in the ends on Kristin's scarf, so I should have pictures to share on Wednesday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home