Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lost in the supermarket

While I was away on vacation, I absentmindedly left out some bananas. Naturally, I returned to an apartment with more little fruit flies than I'd care to be sharing my space with. I was advised that setting out some vinegar in a container and covering it with plastic wrap that has a hole poked in it should get rid of the pests. I had no vinegar and no plastic wrap.

On the way home late tonight I stopped at the grocery store to get these items. I found the vinegar easily enough, but for the life of me, I could not find plastic wrap. I looked and looked and looked. The closest I could find was parchment paper, but that wouldn't do. (Plus, I have that at home.)

I tracked down an employee and was finally pointed in the right direction. This isn't unusual if I'm buying something I get infrequently. I guess that I tend to buy the same things over and over and am blind to everything else. That makes sense, I suppose, but I thought I was more observant than that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home