Monday, April 04, 2011

Disappointing

It had been the tournament of the little guy. Two mid-major schools advanced to the NCAA Final Four in the men's basketball tournament. Maybe this would be the year when the small program came out on top.

Nope.

The championship game between Butler and Connecticut was a brutal display. Neither team played particularly well. Butler just happened to play about as poorly as a team can yet lead at halftime and conceivably still have a shot late in the game. So much for pulling for them.

I admit that I invest a lot in wanting to see the smaller schools win. The teams I regularly root for are often the underdogs. Good grief, that's pretty much how I see myself. I really felt like this year the time had arrived for an unlikely champion to emerge. It did happen, and it all went down in the most disappointing of manners.

Maybe next time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home