Friday, April 01, 2011

Old timey

During the last film on my last day at the film festival, I came across a scene that features all three of the actresses knitting. In Meek's Cutoff, coming soon but not necessarily to a theater near you, Michelle Williams, Zoe Kazan, and Shirley Henderson are all seen knitting while their wagon train has stopped for the time being. All are wrapping the yarn with their right hand, which is the more American method, correct?

Yes, this is what I was really thinking about during that part in the film.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

I believe that's the English method and that the picking method or continental method is German and/or Continental Europe. I saw the trailer for this film and it looks interesting. Do you think it will come across the pond?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home