Thursday, January 20, 2011

Discontinued

During January I've been subsisting mostly on Healthy Choice meals for lunch and dinner. If I'm going to eat out of convenience and putting forth the least effort, I might as well sample a variety of their frozen meals so I don't get bored with it.

Of those I've tried my favorite is the Honey Ginger Chicken. The flavor is fairly intense, especially for these kinds of meals. While I've tried not to repeat any meals in back-to-back days, this one occasionally has been the exception to the rule.

It's also been discontinued.

A couple weeks ago I saw it on sale for less than anything else in the freezer. I happily purchased a few extras. I wondered if the yellow closeout sticker with the lower price meant that it wouldn't be available much longer. That's what closeout means, right? I wasn't too concerned since there were plenty boxes of the meal at this grocery.

A few days later I went back and stockpiled five more Honey Ginger Chicken meals. There was no shortage in the freezer, so I figured I might be able to stretch this out for awhile. I recently discovered that this particular offering is no longer available where I've been doing most of my grocery shopping. Uh oh.

Today I decided to check out a different chain in a different part of town. Surely they'll have a few. Nope. Not a one. I will probably try to plunder a few other stores before I stop the search, and I may still locate some. The writing is on the wall, though. I better savor the last three of these that I possess.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home