Friday, September 03, 2010

Making the rounds

I don't recommend traveling like I have during my northeastern journey. Drive a bunch, arrive at the hotel, get up, cram a bunch of activity in, return to the hotel, and repeat. When all is said and done, I'll have driven over two thousand miles in six days. Simply put, it's too rushed.

Which isn't to say that it's been a bad trip. Today I made the short drive to Orono, Maine and found one of the few local yarn shops in the region. That led me to lunch at a place run by Francsican monks. I had my first lobster roll and whoopie pie. I saw a movie and got a haircut. Oh yeah, I also did the work that was the basis of justifying this trip in the first place.

There's much more to say, but duty calls again in the morning, so I must be getting to bed. Tomorrow I drive to the land of Dunder Mifflin. Maybe I'll take in a minor league baseball game. Or maybe I'll collapse.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home