Saturday, June 12, 2010

Finally

Seaman's cap

Yarn: Cascade 220 (100% Peruvian highland wool; worsted weight)
Colorways: 7617 (gray tweed)
Needles: US 6 and 7 dpns
Stitches: 102

My brother's Christmas 2009 gift is finished and only five and a half months late. Well, better late than never.

I restarted this sucker probably three or four times because I kept twisting the cast on row. After I was well into the brim I realized that I'd horsed up the brim's stitch pattern. (It should be k1, p2. I did k2, p1.) Turns out that the difference looks fine and isn't an egregious mistake.

Like the last hat I knit, this one features my modifications for a better fit. (In short, knit more than the pattern suggests.) As I was well into the decreases I began to worry that I might not have enough yarn. While there's less yarn remaining than I'm used to having with these hats, I didn't cut it close.

What's next? It might be time to knit a hat for me that reverses the colors in the cap linked in the previous paragraph. Whatever I make next, it's a relief to have this project done.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home