Sunday, June 06, 2010

Un-bat-lievable

So I'm driving down the road this morning when what do I spot in my rear view mirror but the Batmobile. WHAT?!

I slowed down in the hope that it would pass on my left and I'd get a better look at it, but unfortunately my lane had fewer cars, which allowed me to drive forward and put it out of sight. I was glad, though, to get stopped at the next light and have enough of a gap to be able to point and fortuitously shoot a picture with my iPhone while the Batmobile passed en route to the interstate.

Doing some research turned up more information and photos by the local who made his own roadworthy version. There's even a video demonstration of the retractable machine gun replicas on the car, which is modeled on the one seen in Tim Burton's 1989 Batman.

I must say that this strange sight made my day.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

Oh I think I saw the same one over at Quaker Steak a couple of weeks ago! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home