Monday, April 12, 2010

Radio radio

Since I had an aftermarket radio installed in my car, I've spent a lot of time listening to a commercial-free HD channel that plays modern rock hits of yesteryear--or at least what the programmer defines as classics from alternative acts of the late '70s through early '90s. A significant amount of what gets played isn't heard anywhere else on the radio, so it's been nice to be reunited with old favorites and songs I forgot about.



For instance, take the band Icehouse. I'm not sure if they belong on that station but anyway... I hadn't heard them in a long, long time, yet both of the singles I'm embedding sounded pleasing to my teenage ears and keep me listening when they come on the radio. The production dates them--and the videos are very much of their era--but I'll defend them as solid pop songs.



"Electric Blue" may well have been my favorite song during my freshman year of high school. It must have been the basic power chords and obligatory saxophone solo.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home