Friday, March 05, 2010

Loose threads

Stuff I've collected that doesn't fit anywhere on its own but makes for a nice, eclectic entry...

-During one of my test drives, the car had stickers and such plastered all over the windshield. I wouldn't be surprised if half of the viewing area, mostly on the passenger side, was blocked by the price and whatever else was affixed to the glass. How is this legal? It's insanely dangerous, especially if you're also being distracted by the car salesperson trying to talk to you while you're behind the wheel.

-I've noticed the resurgence of '80s pop culture, whether it's in fashion, music, or the movies being made, remade, or adapted for the screen. I made a playlist alternating new music with '80s sounds and the vintage stuff and was compelled to look up some of the decade's hits. While I'll argue that one of my favorite songs when it was filling the airwaves is well-crafted pop, it's also unabashedly sincere and cornball.

-Have you come across the Trololololo meme? I find it weirdly compelling and catchy and hilarious. I'm tempted to rip the audio into my iTunes. Even better, here's the clip explained in context.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I'd some how missed the singing video until watching last night's Colbert Report this morning. The explanation was interesting.

To add to the remakes list what have you heard about Neil Patrick Harris and the Smurf movie?

The sticker covered windshield is so not cool.

Glory of love brings back summer music camp memories...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home