Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Seasonal

I will freely admit that I am not a fashion plate or someone who puts a great deal of energy into determining what I wear. I know what I like and think I look respectable enough--I hope--but I do not, as the saying goes, dress to impress. I'm not concerned with being trendy and not sure I could pull it off even if I tried.

I suppose you could say I don't have much variety. For instance, I own four pairs of shoes: New Balance cross trainers, which I've bought over and over for at least five years; dress shoes; Timberland waterproof boots; and Adidas baseball cleats that may actually be soccer shoes.

Yet unwittingly I have spiced up my wardrobe with the products of my own efforts. I've been wearing my Noro scarf for most of the winter despite second guessing if it's right for me. It has replaced the Ruggles Reversible Scarf that I wore last year during the coldest season. Prior to that I would alternate the red and green garter stitch scarves I made in my early knitting days. I can even switch out hats if I so choose.

You say that accessories are supposed to be changed up? See, that's not something I've ever really thought about or done. Here's this one thing; stick with it until it wears out. That I've sort of adopted this idea of an annual scarf is unheard of. Does it make me more fashionable? That's highly unlikely. But I can see the appeal of shaking up the routine.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger Daryl said...

Stumbled my way here by clicking 'next blog' at the top of mine .. nice place.. good scarves which happen to be something I love. Try it some time..click the 'next blog' thingie see where you end up. Fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home