Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Take what you can

The temperature was significantly chillier, and there was snow to be cleared from the car this morning. Nevertheless, it was a good day, not in any big way but just in a general sense that all is well...or better than it has been. To wit:

-I aced my dental check-up.

-For the first full day in about a week I felt much closer to being one hundred percent. I guess I had been sick? I hadn't felt right--sluggish, mostly--since the middle of last week, but it wasn't anything I couldn't fight through and still do what I needed to do. After whatever that was, I have a new appreciation for feeling well.

-I got a relatively quick appointment scheduled for the assessment and removal of this inflamed sebaceous cyst (or so I assume) on the back of my neck that's been bothering me for awhile. (Sorry, am I sharing too much?) I had one of these a little more than a year ago, so I'm pretty sure a new one--rather, an old one that isn't playing nice--is the culprit. Since I tend to treat using health insurance as something "for disasters only"--I concede that this is likely the wrong approach--it's a relief to know that what I have banked in my HSA should cover the entire cost.

-The Blue Jackets won a game, which has been rare enough of late. It was also one I was attending. That's definitely been hard to come by this season.

That's not a notable day, but it sure beats the ones I've been having of late.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home