Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Three blogging years

With today's 1076th entry, Knitting Confidential celebrates its third birthday. Where has the time gone?

I've spent three years, both online and off, as "the secret knitter". (Lowercase, please. I don't deem this identity worthy of haughty capital letters or proper noun designation.) There's no alter ego being assumed with the name. Even if there's precious little secrecy as to who's writing this, the pseudonymity gives me more freedom and a lower likelihood of those I'd rather not have reading finding it. So the pseudonym stays, as will my continued secret knitting.

In starting this blog my intention was to document what I learned, discovered, struggled with, and produced on my unlikely journey as a knitter. I am keenly aware that the site now functions more as a public journal, but knitting is still an essential component here and will continue to be. Hopefully you tolerate my diversions and moodiness and filler, but if not, I suppose that's your right.

My last date without posting an entry here is March 24, 2007, the third of three consecutive blank days while I was depriving myself of sleep at a film festival. Frankly, there's been plenty of crap and desperate searching for something to write, and I can promise you more of that in the future. Generating content isn't always easy or enjoyable, but I think of this daily writing as an exercise to flex the creative muscles in much the same way that knitting can and does.

For the moment there's really nothing else to say but thanks for reading. I'll try to keep things interesting.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

Happy Blogiversary :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home