Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Kerplunk

I get the feeling that I've hit the wall or am coming close to doing it--in other words, I need some vacation time--so in lieu of anything reasonable to write about, you get a couple videos.

The title of yesterday's entry referred to an early 1980s new wave band known primarily for their hit "Love Plus One". I expect that videos from today will look just as dorky twenty-five years from now as this does, but the current ones sure seem to have their cost splashed all over the screen. I don't know that you can say the same for the Haircut 100 video.

Looking up a little info on Haircut 100 led me to their former lead singer Nick Heyward, whose "Kite" was a minor alternative rock hit in the mid-1990s. I'd forgotten all about it until seeing this video, which someone must have tried to sync (badly) with the song:



And just in case you're getting your 80s Nicks confused, this is Nik Kershaw in his chroma key suit:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home