Thursday, April 12, 2007

Knit bits

Not that there's any doubt that I'm into this knitting thing, but today I searched for yarn stores in the Champaign-Urbana, Illinois area. I'll be there in a couple weeks for Roger Ebert's Overlooked Film Festival and thought I might pop into a local shop if time permits.

It appears that this place is the only non-chain store. Having attended the festival since 2001, I'm mildly familiar with the area. I have a pretty good idea where the shop is, so it may be the place to go if I arrive in town early or have some spare time between the morning panel discussions and the films. On the off chance that someone reading has any recommendations for the area, let me know.

Last night I knitted a coffee cup cozy for my pal in the Knitterly Letter Swap, but I got caught up in work and the associated drama today that I forgot to take a photograph. Now if only I could write the letter.

Ruth tagged me for a thinking blogger award. It doesn't take something like this to make me feel honored to have everyone reading, but it's nice to know that what I write means something to those who make return visits. This blog has certainly exceeded my expectations for what I wanted to get out of it. I will have to fulfill my thinking blogger award obligation of naming five blogs that make me think on another day. For one thing, I'm tired and not thinking all that clearly at the moment. It's been a long week.

1 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger HeatherA40 said...

You have a nice blog. I think it is cool that a guy has learned to knit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home