Friday, February 23, 2007

Where It's At

I have approximately fifty stitches on the circular needles for the baby blanket I'm knitting flat. I'm not too concerned with keeping an exact count until I get closer to 126 and need to begin decreasing.

I'm having an easier time using the circs than I did when I started. The cable still has a twist in it, but it's milder than what I was dealing with in the beginning. The stitch after the yarn over can be tight, but overall the stitches are sliding better on the needles. The process is still a little awkward, but what should I expect? I haven't knitted on the circs that much.

I may have goofed several rows back, although I can't say for certain. It's foolish of me to hypothesize about what I might have done, but my best guess is that I slipped a stitch. There's a hole, kind of, so I'm not sure if it's an error or not. (And no, it's not one of the holes that's part of the pattern.) I don't have it in me to go back to the potential mistake, so it'll just have to stay if it is a flaw. If the baby makes a sarcastic comment about it, well, everyone will be astonished that it's talking, let alone capable of dispensing cutting remarks.

I've been inseparable from my second toque, but as much as I like it, I need to do some minor repair work on it. Namely, the tail is wagging out the back of it. I'll sew it back into the wrong side, although I don't have much to work with. So there's a skill I don't have licked. The hat isn't as tight as it was when I first pulled it on, but if I've had it on for any length of time the ribs are imprinted on my forehead.

As the weather warms a little here--basically it's like we're not at the polar cap--it gets me to wondering what one knits in the spring and summer. I suppose it's always good to be looking forward and making gifts for Christmas and the cold season, but what do you do when it's time for scarves and hats to be put away?

2 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

make summer weight fancy scarves ; )
i make alot of dishclothes in the summertime, along w/ felted bags and really whatever else i want...this year it's gonna be socks i think.

can't wait to see the blanket!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Karen said...

During the summer I make dischoths, baby items (bibs, cotton sweaters, blankets) and items to tuck away for Christmas. Like Jennifer, I think this summer I will be making socks since I just have them figured out! I also make felted bags.

So many places have air conditioning that you can really knit whatever you want during the summer without fear of being too warm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home