Sunday, February 25, 2007

Busy Sunday

Jennifer was kind enough to send me a photo of her wearing the scarf I made for her. She's also blogged about it here. The scarf even got a photo of its own at a car show, so check it out.

I don't know why I feel like I get more done when I'm busiest, but that's how this day has been. I could see a real problem heading my way if I didn't work like mad today, so I ditched church (for shame, I know) and wrote two reviews while doing my laundry. Now if I could just finish one more review... That'll have to be a late night deal.

You see, the Academy Awards ceremony is tonight. I'm not going to Tinseltown but somewhere better: our local film critics group's party. I'm making a cherry pie--about ten minutes left for it in the oven--and pulling together a couple things at the last minute. Oscar pool ballots have been copied, and the gift bag prizes for the winner have been bought.

Kristin took care of most of the gift bag. She got some fun items that tie in well with the nominated films. I still need to get out to buy a box of cranberry muffin mix to include in it. (It's an inside joke among the critics. The top dog always has a cranberry muffin saved for him at one of our screening venues.) I'm really looking forward to the big affair. After all, film critics can be fun too. It's not all sitting around in tweed jackets discussing mise en scene.

Following up on comments from last night' post, yes, I'm making the baby blanket with Lion Homespun yarn. The area that looks like a hole looks fine on the other side, so perhaps it was a bigger loop in the working yarn than those around it. I hope that's all it is.

I'll attribute my knitting speed to knitting a lot rather than knitting faster. I knitted throughout last night's televised hockey game and then during Saturday Night Live. (That show seems to have revived itself some, although it never hurts to have Rainn Wilson around. And how great was The Arcade Fire?) I'm up to 84 stitches, so I'm two-thirds of the way through the increases.

Enjoy the Oscars tonight. There's probably not anything else on TV anyway.

5 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks for the link and for putting up the pic : )

I taped SNL and watched this morning. I'm not an avid watcher of the show (I like the old ones so much better, of course, but just catch the new ones here and there), but I had to tune in to see Dwight Schrute perform...gotta love the office and his character!

Have fun at your party tonight...sounds like fun times! Tell Kristin that I said hello : )

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I mailed the package on Friday - I do hope you'll like what I chose for you. I think you'll use it a lot.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Yeah So said...

Fantabulous scarf! Thinking of you while I watch the Oscars!

 
At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf and the baby blanket look great!

The party sounds like lots of fun.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I love the photo of Jennifer and the scarf! And I went to her blog and adored the shot of scarf and car. (But a purple car? ewwww LOL)

Hope your Oscar Party was fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home