Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A new knitter joins the club

I meant to post my contribution to The Archies today, but I can only do so much in a day. I finished my three reviews on that other site--you know where I mean--taped the show, and went to a screening of Freedom Writers. And today was the first day of the new quarter. I've been toying with the idea of writing up the new inspirational teacher movie, but an early morning dental check-up awaits on Wednesday. I need to get some sleep, even if it isn't enough. So The Archies will have to wait another day.

I was thrilled to read that today marks day one for Donna as she learns how to knit. Apparently, reading about how much fun I've had knitting inspired her to give it a go. That makes me feel really good, and I hope she enjoys it as much as I do.

She's having some trouble with the Continental method, which happens to be the method I use despite being right-handed and having Kristin show me the English method. I'm not sure how I ended up knitting this way, but it's what works for me. If you're curious about Continental vs. English, I found a good piece about knitting styles.

I suppose if I'm to do any review writing, an unlikely prospect at this hour, or knitting, I better wrap here.

Next...The Archies, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home