Tuesday, December 13, 2011

In the stream

Something that came across the Twitter feed and made me laugh...a lot:

I suppose what one finds funny says a lot about the individual.  This very short piece--"E-mail Addresses It Would Be Really Annoying To Give Out Over the Phone"--made me laugh like a maniac and then laugh harder the more I thought about it and reread it.  Seriously, I'm shaking with laughter having just read it again.  So there's some insight into what makes me tick.

Something that came across the Twitter feed and made me almost tear up:

A pair of Canadian teen girls are trying to draw attention to their school and its impending closure, so they sang a Neko Case song, posted it on YouTube, and got the artist's attention.  I'd ignored it but for some reason followed the latest link and their performance, which features excellent use of reverb from the stairwell.



It compares respectably to the great, haunting original.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home