Sunday, October 30, 2011

Situation normal

You don't know what you got until it's gone...or until it returns.  That's how the song goes, right?

The last few days I was feeling less than one hundred percent due to...well, let's just say a problem that had me running to the bathroom, so to speak.  (Seriously, am I going there with this post?)  Although it definitely caused discomfort, I felt OK otherwise, which may have made the whole situation worse.  What brought it on all of a sudden?  Why does it not seem to be going away?

I didn't give it much consideration for the first day and a half, but after that I began to wonder what was wrong.  I picked up something from the grocery that I thought might do the trick.  It didn't seem to help.  I went back and asked a pharmacist for a suggestion.  That didn't seem to make a difference at first.  (I believe it has since worked.)  I was getting ready to plan a trip to the doctor's office on Monday morning.

Today, though, everything has seemed OK.  There haven't been any repeats of the distress that began Wednesday night and continued through Saturday.  Whatever it was--a bug, something bad I ate--seems to have gone away.  Phew.

Like I said, this wasn't anything really serious, but it has reminded me of how easy it is to take one's normal status for granted.  I don't necessarily think about or take notice of feeling fine.  It's sort of what I expect.  Then something small but disruptive comes along and makes you appreciate how wonderful it is to feel like you usually do.  Consider me suitably reminded.    

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home