Sunday, June 12, 2011

Birding

It was a good weekend for sitting on the balcony, reading, and birdwatching. I can't say that I've previously paid much attention to the birds around me, but it was peaceful keeping an eye out for what flew into view. Although I didn't always know what birds were in the neighborhood, this striking male cardinal was unmistakable.

I think this little one is a kind of sparrow.

The female cardinal isn't as impressively colored as the male, but at least I can identify what it is.

I guess what I'm saying is all of a sudden I'm considering getting some kind of field guide so I can determine what birds are hanging out.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

They were discussing field guides at knit night the other week. I think Ally had one that she highly recommends. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home