Sunday, February 13, 2011

Resolutions revisited

Conventional wisdom says that most new year's resolutions are abandoned by the end of January. Since we're about halfway into February, what better time to check up on mine?

-Lose weight/get in shape again.

So far, so good on both fronts. I have no idea how much I've lost, but I've noticed a difference. I've felt lousy the last couple winters, but getting regular exercise has me feeling much better during this one. Onward and upward.

-Read The Bible all the way through.

Excuses, excuses, but the start of the year has been a busy one. I kept up with the daily reading for about a week and then fell behind. I'm only up to readings in late January, but now that things have settled down somewhat, I intend to get caught up and back on track. At best I get an incomplete on this one.

-Read more.

This one has been a big fat failure to date.

-Give more to charity.

I haven't touched this one yet.

-When it comes to media consumption, aim for more depth among the breadth.

Gotta go with an incomplete on this one. Most of my music listening this year has been while exercising. I have tended to lean on the same artists that seem like good fits for keeping up my pace, so in that sense I'm fulfilling what I resolved to do. (One week's workouts was scored by The Strokes' three albums.) Still, there is the rip and forget problem that spurred this. I got the new Decemberists album and have probably only heard three-quarters of it.

Out of all these it's clear that I've prioritized eating better and exercising, perhaps to the detriment of the other resolutions. My schedule has been kind of insane, so hopefully I can bounce back with a less intense work load ahead.

How are you doing with your resolutions?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home