Thursday, December 09, 2010

You've got mail

Do you let the amount of e-mail in your inbox--OK, inboxes--get out of control? Of course you do, or so I assume is true for everyone.

For no particular reason I decided the time had come to clear out my main Gmail account. (I have five e-mail accounts: work, movie blog, knitting blog, regular Gmail, and regular Yahoo. Sue me.) It's become fat from an increased amount of promotional/retail e-mails that I should have but didn't delete as they arrived. I wasn't in any danger of reaching capacity. I just wanted to tidy it up.

So how many e-mails hit the electronic dumpster? Somewhere around 3700, or nearly half. An overwhelming amount were solicitations to buy whatever was being sold, yet it wasn't that many places. Yikes.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

It's amazing how those promotional emails will take over your inbox. I only keep them from a select few retailers that I do tend to frequent. Otherwise most of them hit the circular filing cabinet as they come in. :) My inboxes could use a good cleaning though...maybe over the holiday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home